Production Operations at Televisa Univision is looking for a Technical Director to join our team!
Miami/Fort Lauderdale Area
Jul 19, 2022
Responsibilities include overseeing the technical aspects related to the broadcast production from the Production Control Room - production switcher and basic understanding of all equipment in the PCR. The Technical Director will report to the Show Director.
- Operate Ross Vision switcher.
- Operate switcher and Direct promos and briefs.
- Apply technical expertise to resolve technical issues that arise in the control room.
- Collaborate closely with producers and production staff in the preparation of rundowns and coordination of graphics.
- Manage and lead the technical crew during shift.
- Work with Engineering to ensure that all equipment is operating properly.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree in Television Production or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as Technical Director of live shows.
- Must have a working knowledge of control room workflows and understanding of basic audio,
- GFX’s and server playouts.
- Knowledge of Ross Vision switcher and Grass Valley production switcher is preferred.
- Understand proper video and audio levels.
- Knowledge of iNEWS and Microsoft Applications (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Must have the leadership skills necessary to manage and lead the technical crew during their shift.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with producers and production staff in preparing rundowns and coordinating graphics.
- Must have ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Must be able to perform well under pressure and live event situations.
- Bi-lingual (English and Spanish) preferred.
- Employees will be expected to commit to a specific schedule in the time period indicated.
- As this position supports a 24x7 operation, candidate must, in addition to being able to work regular hours, have on-call availability and flexibility to work days, nights, overnights, weekends and holidays as needed and without advance notice. Additionally, candidate may be required to work on site for extended periods of time to provide coverage in special circumstances, such as during tropical storms/hurricanes