Nickelodeon Animation is looking for a Technical Director to join the studio. The Technical Director is responsible for helping show leadership and other supervisors fulfill their creative vision by developing solutions for Creative Leads/Artists, troubleshooting day to day problems, and providing workflow consultation.
Greater Los Angeles Area
Oct 13, 2022
Under the supervision of show leadership, the Technical Director works with the production management and creative teams to develop the tools and pipeline for current projects.
The TD will also assist the production and creative teams with developing new techniques and pipeline standards.
This position requires balancing several tasks in a continuously changing environment.
- Work with the show leads and Animation Technology to automate common tasks, develop novel tools to achieve creative goals, and script pipeline solutions.
- Create user interfaces for artists to run scripts and processes.
- Being knowledgeable about our pipeline workflow across departments.
- Creating and implementing new tools and techniques for Storyboard Pro, Flix, and ShotGrid using the Python scripting language.
- Able to create new software, extend existing code, and maintain proprietary tools.
- Setup and support artists and production management using in-house tools.
- Working knowledge of Storyboard Pro, Flix, and ShotGrid
- Should have 3-5 years of industry experience in film, broadcast, and/or games
- It is vital to have a familiarity with the production process
- Must have experience scripting with Python for multiple creative and production teams
- Experience with UI design is a plus
- Must be organized and have great communication skills
- The ideal candidate should be a generalist with the ability to jump from problems to solutions in short order
- A great "can do" attitude and open-mindedness to non-traditional solutions