KCBS2/KCAL9 has an immediate opening for a Technical Director at the Los Angeles Duopoly. The Technical Director is responsible for operation of the Sony ELC automation system and other technical equipment for live and pre-recorded productions.
Live Event / On Location Services
Greater Los Angeles Area
Nov 07, 2022
Duties include operation of Sony 8000-A switcher, Cambotics robotic cameras, Vizrt, GVG Aurora Playout and other tasks as assigned. A successful candidate must have sound technical skills and will bring a “can-do” approach to problem solving in a fast-paced, high energy environment. Your technical skills must be outdone by your willingness to contribute to the success of the duopoly. Candidate must be willing to work a very flexible work schedule that may include early mornings, nights, weekends and holidays. You must be open to implementing new technologies and/or methods to accomplish future assignments.
• Previous Sony ELC experience is required
• Ability to run in automated or manual configuration
• Ability to work in fast paced, high pressure environment
• Must be a self starter with excellent organizational skills
• Strong work ethic, positive attitude & leadership qualities with the ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities a must.
• Excellent people and communication skills
• Good conflict resolution and problem solving skills
• Knowledge of video and audio servers, graphics systems, audio consoles and robotic cameras is essential
• Excellent computer skills and knowledge of iNews preferred
• Demonstrated experience as a newscast director is preferred.