Univision Sacramento is seeking a dedicated Technical Director to join our team! The Technical Director is responsible for providing the technical production and promotional support for live broadcasts, news and commercials productions including TV, digital and local events.
Audio / Music / Sound
Live Event / On Location Services
Sacramento, California Area
Nov 14, 2023
Univision Sacramento is seeking a dedicated Technical Director to join our team!
The Technical Director is responsible for providing the technical production and promotional support for live broadcasts, news and commercials productions including TV, digital and local events. This position requires the ability to do direct live newscasts on production switcher, camera work, prompter, audio board, in studio and on field, edit video is preferred and audio knowledge a plus.
You are well versed in usage of studio equipment, field cameras and can adapt to multiple positions during the week all under the multimedia production environment.
You can execute live broadcasts positions without supervision, have knowledge of content production for online and digital outlets and feel comfortable under live event production deadlines.
- Preferred Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent exposure to TV Production, Communications or Digital Media.
- Preferred 2 years of production experience with different types of broadcast media (Technical direct, video, audio, and graphics) Specific training can be provided.
- Basic knowledge of Adobe CC Suite (Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, Audition).
- Professional cameras (Canon, Panasonic, and Sony).
- Field production lighting, audio recording and gear.
- Green screen and studio production environment.
- iNews, VizRT and news gathering tools are a plus.
- Proficient in written and oral Spanish and English.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License, proof of insurance and a clean driving record.
- Available to work Holidays and weekends and different shifts including late night and early morning.
- Direct and Technical Direct fast-paced newscasts and other station productions.
- Record segments for shows, and edit, as needed.
- Lead the technical crew before, during and after productions and participate in crew development.
- Actively participate in the News “look” creation and new ideas for Newscast and show enhancements.
- Individual will shoot, assemble, and edit material for daily newscasts, web, and other platforms.
- Candidate is expected to work flexible hours including overnights, nights, weekends, holidays.
- Other duties as deemed necessary
Salary Range: $50,000 + Benefits
Day, Evening, Overnight