We are looking for a passionate, multifaceted technical artist to help create beautiful, impactful, and realistic 3D AR/mixed reality experiences.
What You’ll Do.
You will be a part of leading and building immersive mixed reality experiences that permeate all platforms. Your work and efforts will be seen across the world and will impact the lives and safety of others and our planet.
We are looking for a passionate, multifaceted technical artist to help create beautiful, impactful, and realistic 3D AR/mixed reality experiences. The ideal candidate is very confident using Unreal Engine, familiar with 3D modeling software, knows the ins and outs of scripting and is well versed with gameplay programming/Blueprints.
At The Weather Channel, we build content for broadcast television and multi platform viewing. Most of our Unreal experiences are cinematic, relying heavily on Sequencer and Blueprints. Others will be interactive and will require a deeper working knowledge of scripting, animated simulations, vector math, and complex shaders.
Take a look at some of our award-winning productions: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLki90Aw2GjdeFFwqlQXOaMy6UKihs0TUc
- Event scripting with Blueprints.
- System design using data sheets and API calls.
- Material/ Shader creation.
- Particle creation in Cascade or Niagara.
- Animation and event triggers in Sequencer.
- Environmental Design including lighting and post-processing setup.
- May be called upon to create promotional products (e.g., network TV shows, mobile products, and sizzles).
- Support unity and growth of the team by providing creative ideas, direction and constructive feedback to other designers.
Education, Experience, Certification Requirements:
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Interactive Design, Game Design or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of two years of experience working professionally on a game/app/animation development team.
- Strong knowledge of scripting in Blueprints, taking full advantage of the built-in Unreal pipeline.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Attention to detail.
- Good organization, and able to multitask.
- Ability to work within a team.
- Self-motivated work ethic.
- Strong communication skills (this includes clean, well-commented code).
- Strong consideration for candidates with the following attributes: Unreal Engine 4, 3D modeling in 3ds Max, Animation in 3ds Max or Maya, Houdini for games, Rigging, and Python scripting.
- Strong grasp of proper modeling, UVing and texturing workflows for interactive design preferred.