This position is responsible for the supervision of all feature production staff at Sony Pictures Animation.
Greater Los Angeles Area
Sep 25, 2023
Sony Pictures Animation is a pre-production Animation studio that focuses on innovative Storytelling and Design. SPA is an ever-evolving organization and requires a commitment to change and innovation. This position is responsible for the supervision of all feature production staff at Sony Pictures Animation. This position will serve as the primary liaison between producers, production management and multiple operations groups to ensure efficient and effective production. Reports to EVP, Production and Operating Strategy.
SVP Physical Production oversees all aspects of production and post-production operations. Monitors and directs all production activity from prep through wrap, ensuring staff maintains project schedules, budgets and creative expectations. Develops and documents workflows, facility standards and production strategies.
- Conceive production schedules/plans/budgets with Producers and production management on Feature streaming and theatrical release
- Oversee special project productions such as shorts and custom animation.
- Supervise Pre-Production Schedule and budgets on projects in development
- Supervise production reporting
- Work with EVP, Production and Operating Strategy and related SPA executives and filmmakers on issues including reporting structures, data organization, and standard operating procedures for the studio
- Expedite changes in production schedules
- Maintain staffing schedule and collaborate with Recruitment to ensure Production needs are met
- Responsible for hiring, training and maintaining Production staff
- Ensure Production staffing is adequate and on budget
- Advise, design and implement policy and procedures for SPA Productions
- Work with SPI software development team on any SPA tools in development
- Minimum of 10+ years experience budgeting, scheduling and maintaining visual effects/animated projects.
- Prior experience and background of working directly with creative teams on animated productions from early development through delivery.
- Experience managing projects with vendor studios
- Experience managing or working in a corporate Studio, including fiscal planning, facilities management, business affairs, HR, contracts, etc.
- Strong working knowledge of production software
- Must be able to multitask and work effectively under changing priorities and daily time constraints
The anticipated base salary for this position is $277,100 to $377,500.