The SVP, Development – Game Show Network and Game Show Enterprises Studios will lead the Development team to identify, develop, and create new Game Shows for Game Show Network, its affiliated brands, and third party platforms.
Greater Los Angeles Area
Jun 05, 2023
The SVP, Development – Game Show Network and Game Show Enterprises Studios will lead the Development team to identify, develop, and create new Game Shows for Game Show Network, its affiliated brands, and third party platforms. In addition to being a leader of Game Show Network Development, you will be tasked with building a portfolio of development content for sales to third party platforms in the game show, competition elimination, and other forms of non-scripted entertainment. Specifically, this SVP will be a development and sales executive. With the increased studio activity, this person will prioritize building relationships with 3rd parties outside of Game Show Network in order to pitch new content to outside affiliations.
This role reports to our EVP, Programming & Production.
- Working with Development team to decide which Game Show projects are best for Game Show Network or third party buyers
- Acting as the creative and business liaison to facilitate and execute those needs between Game Show Enterprises Studios and outside companies
- Overseeing the development teams
- Fielding pitches, identifying trends, and helping establish the strategic development goals for the department
- Collaborating with internal teams to develop for external buyers
- Facilitating partnerships for production projects aimed at outside networks
- Keeping a pulse on emerging talent and active participation in the creative community
- Developing new and current programming, including identifying and securing new talent for projects in development
- Building and maintaining relationships with our outside studios and networks
- Identifying new business opportunities, pursuing potential deals where appropriate
- Overseeing the development of internal formats, from initial idea or concept through to the creation of the format
- Finding and pitching new material to executive leadership
- Providing notes on concepts and outlines for projects in development
- Introducing new producers to the studio with the potential for future development
- Working with Business Affairs to close talent and production deals
- Working with Current Production and Production Management to ensure that agreed-to concepts are fully realized in production
- Acting as a creative executive on run-throughs and tapings
- Serving as a liaison between Development and other network departments including publicity, marketing, finance, etc.
- 10+ years’ experience in non-scripted television development, with an emphasis on formats and game shows preferred, with hands-on experience, ideally from both production and development.
- Must have experience in either generating and taking pitches for a production company OR taking pitches for a network or cable network
- Strong relationships with buyers for third party platforms, agents, and production community
- Must have sound editorial judgment with a background in producing and content development
- Exhibiting flexibility, excellent communication skills and relationship-building ability
- Must have skills exhibiting an enthusiastic and highly motivated self-starter, polished with good interpersonal skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, innovative, and high energy environment
- Must be diplomatic with expert problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of basic web technology, streaming platforms and social media, MS suite
- Bachelor's degree in Media, Television, Film or related subject or equivalent experience
The anticipated base salary for this position is $270,000 to $315,000.