As a Sustainable Designer, you will be responsible for developing, strategizing, and implementing innovative sustainable design solutions that minimize environmental impact while improving economic benefits. You will work with a team of designers, engineers, architects, and other multi-disciplinary professionals to integrate balanced designs on a variety of project building types.
Greater Los Angeles Area
Jun 23, 2023
As a Sustainable Designer, you will be responsible for developing, strategizing, and implementing innovative sustainable design solutions that minimize environmental impact while improving economic benefits. You will work with a team of designers, engineers, architects, and other multi-disciplinary professionals to integrate balanced designs on a variety of project building types. This role will continue to focus on reducing scope 3 emissions related to embodied carbon of building materials.
The Sustainable Designer will report to the Sustainable Design Principal.
- Develop sustainable design solutions that minimize environmental impact and improve economic benefits.
- Perform embodied carbon research, accounting, and analysis related to building materials.
- Analyze and integrate sustainable design opportunities into projects across global portfolios.
- Work in collaboration with interdisciplinary teams to brainstorm environmental ideas to advance sustainability initiatives on assigned projects.
- Conduct assessments of designs to evaluate their environmental impact.
- Assist in collecting, documenting, and maintaining project data design initiatives and embodied carbon.
- Research and stay up to date on new technologies and techniques.
- Provide technical support and guidance to other specialists involved in sustainable design projects.
- Communicate effectively with clients, stakeholders, and team members to meet sustainable design goals.
You Will Have:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in sustainable design or related environmental roles.
- Solid understanding of and passion for sustainable design principles, life cycle thinking, and the multi-disciplinary nature of sustainability.
- Experience calculating embodied carbon of building materials.
- Experience using environmental analysis software:
- Working knowledge of embodied carbon calculators (e.g., EC3, Tally, oneclickLCA, Athena).
- LCA tools (e.g., GaBi, SimaPro, openLCA).
- Familiarity with green building rating systems (e.g., LEED, BREEAM, China Three Star (GBEL)).
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (e.g., Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator).
- Bachelor's degree in architecture, structural, engineering, environmental science, or a related field.
This position is located in Glendale, CA.
The hiring range/pay rate for this Sustainable Designer in Glendale, CA is $92,742 -$124,410 per year.