Nickelodeon Animation Studio is looking for a Supervising Producer for an Upcoming Series. The role is based in New York.
Greater New York City Area
Aug 08, 2022
The Supervising Producer will work with the Executive Producer and Line Producer in overseeing all aspects of development, pre-production, overseas production and post-production.
- Communicate to Executive Producer, VP/General Manager, Line Producer and other appropriate production staff regarding the status of work and any problems that may arise.
- Present possible solutions to production problems.
- Ensure desired quality and style of show is met within the parameters of the show’s network-approved schedule and budget.
- Attend and contribute to all relevant production meetings.
- Assist with special projects as necessary.
- This could include but is not limited to main title, title cards, press art, style guide, tool kit and any network requests.
- Contribute significantly to casting, production design and artistic staffing.
- Oversee the creation of thorough main model and episodic packs, including at least expressions, character construction, mouth charts, character turnarounds, props main backgrounds.
- Attend voice recordings to ensure character continuity.
- Review storyboard artists’ work to ensure quality and style of show is met.
- Thoroughly review storyboards for timing and shipping and oversee revisions as necessary.
- Ensure all notes on storyboards, animatics and models are properly addressed.
- Additional storyboard work as needed.
- Review animatics at all stages in a timely manner, giving notes, guidance and revisions when necessary.
- Ensure all aspects of animation direction/timing are completed on schedule and in the style of the show.
- Communicate regularly with overseas studio regarding status of work.
- Review pencil tests or rough animation, providing notes/guidance to overseas studio in a timely fashion.
- Ensure overseas studio consistently adheres to quality and style of show.
- May require a visit to the overseas studio to review work being done on premises.
- Review initial assembly of picture.
- Attend and contribute to initial picture edit and subsequent edits.
- Call, review and approve retakes within parameters of the show’s retake allowance.
- Ensure that all creative retake materials are completed and sent to overseas studio in a timely fashion.
- Ensure that all retakes are cut into final picture upon return from overseas studio.
- If necessary, attend ADR recordings to ensure character continuity.
- Attend and contribute to music and sound effects spotting, preview and final mix.
- Attend color correction sessions.
- Solid knowledge of all facets of the animation process.
- Strong visual and structural storytelling skills.
- Strong time and resource management skills.
Leadership and communication skills
- On-the-fly problem solving.
- Ability to be creative on demand as well as multitask and work well under pressure.
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn applicable design software and hardware.
- 5 – 7 years supervisory experience in animation preferred, per VP/General Manager’s approval.
- Animation direction experience a plus.