As a Supervising Producer at MSNBC, you'll play an integral role in production by managing operations for the growing portfolio of Morning Joe.
Live Event / On Location Services
Greater New York City Area
Apr 03, 2023
- Schedule team coverage, manage vacation requests.
- Manage a team of swing producers at various levels.
- Coordinate onboarding of new employees with HR and direct managers to ensure a smooth entry process.
- Plan training for new and newly promoted employees to establish best practices and knowledge of NBC News & MSNBC protocols.
- Fill in on live programing, at varying levels, as needed.
- Be actively involved in interviewing potential job candidates.
- Act as liaison with other departments throughout news organization.
- Identify and pipeline internal talent for future roles across NBCUniversal.
- High involvement in planning and development of MSNBC programming.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Must have at least 7 years of experience in live television (i.e. morning shows, cable shows, broadcast TV, etc.).
- Must have at least 3 years of control room experience.
- Previous management experience.
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
Additional Job Requirements:
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
- Must be willing to work in New York, NY.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news.
Salary range: $125,000-170,000