Cox Media Group is looking for a Studio Technician to join the WFXT-TV team!
Are you an aspiring gear-head? Are you fascinated by what makes a studio tick? Do you enjoy taking something raw and making it into a finished product? Studio Technicians excel when they are able to combine their technical skill with the high-octane environment that defines the modern digital newsroom.
Cox Media Group has a great opportunity for an entry-level, full-time Studio Technician. When the news is happening, we are at work, so you’ll need to be prepared to work contributing to all of our TV and Digital platforms. This position requires flexibility to work overnights, early mornings, late nights, holidays and weekends. If you have an eye for editing, an ear for audio, or the hands for writing the news, this job can be your foot in the door!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Operate the prompter for live and recorded programming
- Manage the studio floor for live and recorded programming
- Contribute to digital platform as needed
- Miscellaneous duties as needed, including maintenance and preparation
What We Look For
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
- Education - Degree or working toward a degree in electronic media
- Experience - 1 year of broadcast, film or editing.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Physical Requirements - lifting up to 50 pounds, moving bulky set pieces, climbing ladders as needed.