The E.W. Scripps Company is hiring for a Studio Technician I. The Studio Technician I operates studio television cameras during live and taped productions, acts as floor director and teleprompter operator during live and taped productions and assists in studio maintenance (cleaning, organization), etc.
Grip / Lighting / Electric
Live Event / On Location Services
Greater Milwaukee Area
Jan 17, 2023
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Operation of various broadcast equipment including, but not limited to; studio television cameras during live and taped productions, teleprompter, character generators, graphics software, computers.
- Act as floor director during live and taped productions.
- Assist in studio maintenance (cleaning, organization, possibly lighting), etc.
- Assist as production grip on live and tape productions.
- Navigate internet (web) and post video and text to station website.
- Other duties as directed by the Production Manager.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Two or four year college degree preferred.
- Previous television station experience necessary.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- Live newscast production a plus.
- Non-linear editing experience required. Final Cut Pro experience a plus.
- Working knowledge of television station production operation equipment.
- Working knowledge of studio cameras, teleprompters and lighting.
- Must be reliable, dependable, possess a willingness to learn and be able to work a flexible schedule.
- Work Environment
- Position involves much studio work and occasional field productions. May include standing for many hours, operating human lift equipment, climbing stairs and ladders, lifting, etc.
Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.