As we grow ILM Sydney, we are seeking a Runner to join the team and be a part of this exciting opportunity. As a runner for ILM you will be helping ensure the smooth running of ILMs Sydney building/s, reporting into the Facilities Manager as well as assisting the Tech team as necessary.
Jul 03, 2023
As we grow ILM Sydney, we are seeking a Runner to join the team and be a part of this exciting opportunity. As a runner for ILM you will be helping ensure the smooth running of ILMs Sydney building/s, reporting into the Facilities Manager as well as assisting the Tech team as necessary. Our runners are key members of our support team, constantly performing to a high standard as they get to know all areas of our facility and gaining unique insight into how the entire facility works, getting to know a wide cross section of our staff and the different disciplines that make up our studio.
- Providing excellent hospitality services for all employees. Assisting with ensuring communal areas are clean, tidy and restocked. Organising in house meals provided. Maintaining tidiness and cleanliness of theatres, meetings and review rooms in the studio
- Assisting facilities and tech with incoming mail and deliveries, desk setups and moves, fetching items for staff and carrying tech to and from onsite storage.
- Managing stock across all merchandise and branded products.
- Covering reception as required, answering the telephone and booking transport. Covering Facilities team as required. Some general administration work.
- Assisting with new starter inductions, including preparing the training room for onsite orientations, assisting tech to collate new starter equipment for pick-up or send out.
- Taking an active role in helping to organise social activities such as screenings, company events, socials and ergos
- Arranging dinner for late night staff and assisting wider team initiatives as required.
- Be active in responding as appropriate for emergencies and urgent issues as they arise.
- Onsite support for external clients or visitors. Set-up client meeting rooms with water and snacks as required
- General Production Assistant support with maintaining show calendars, set up of reviews rooms for show dailies and assistance when required in managing show meetings
- Assisting production teams with ad-hoc duties
- Support overflow of recruitment scheduling
- Coverage of early and late shifts when required
Here are the skills and experience you need to be successful in this role:
- Experience of working as a PA or EA, or hospitality within a fast-paced, creative industry delivering high levels of service
- Adept at building relationships of trust and with a strong rapport with employees at all levels
- Demonstrate high levels of self organization, particularly during times of high workload and ambiguity
- Able to effectively manage a demanding and fluctuating workload
- Works effectively without direct supervision
- Demonstrates a positive and ‘can do’ attitude to work
- Ability to deal effectively and professionally with key clients of the studio
- Proven ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities
- Maintains high levels of accuracy and attention to detail when under pressure