WCIV is seeking a Studio Production Crew member (Production Assistant). You should have experience working in a Studio for newscasts in a fast-paced environment.
Live Event / On Location Services
Charleston, South Carolina Area
Nov 08, 2022
- Operate camera, teleprompter, and floor direct for our morning newscasts and LowCountry Live show.
- Work as a liaison between the News & Engineering Department.
- Post content to website and other social media outlets.
- Maintain production studio and control room.
- Perform other tasks related to the position as assigned, which may include website contribution, running audio, etc.
- Maintain a strong level of daily communication and collaboration with producers, talent, and the production team.
- Strive to maintain a high degree of production value with strong attention to production aesthetics, accuracy, and show pacing.
- Participate in pre-show planning for special show segments, provide guidance and work on sets, lighting, and shot blocking.
- Provide clear concise communication and with management, producers, engineering staff, producers, and talent.
- React in a calm and effective manner to fast-paced, 'live' television and multimedia environments.
- Participate in training less experienced production staff as needed.
- Be a positive team player who possesses strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Degree in a related field preferred.
- Knowledge of INews, and studio operations a plus.
- Possess strong organizational skills, be self-motivated and have a good visual sense. Must be able to work well under pressure, thrive on deadlines and work a flexible schedule.
- Have the ability to follow directions from crew while under pressure.