NBC10| NBC Telemundo62| NBC Sports Philadelphia is looking for an intern to help plan and develop unique digital content for all three stations.
Greater Philadelphia Area
Sep 12, 2022
This intern will play a major role in supporting the digital team by finding high-interest stories and posting content to digital and social platforms, including articles, videos, social posts and interactive content. The digital intern is also expected to assist editors and producers by conducting research and compiling information for special sections, enterprise stories and breaking news and sports news and events.
- Systems and Workflow: Understand how we approach content discovery, production and delivery. Gain confidence in abilities to enterprise and produce good stories
- Daily Briefs: occasionally represent the digital team each during the editorial meeting, briefing news staff on analytics, stories in the works and content that’s ideal for sharing with broadcast viewers.
- Daily original reporting: report out story ideas, getting whatever support they need for each assignment.
- Shift Assignment: Master publishing tools, systems and original reporting.
- Professionalism: relationship-building and professional presence. Shows up to work on time, no excessive absences. Learns how to problem solve with maturity. Handles issues with appropriate urgency. Meets deadlines. Learns ins and outs of the daily workings of a local news room.
- Presentation: Successfully completes a presentation of experience in a way that is engaging and shows off technical/creative skills.
- Fluent in Spanish and English a plus
- Experience in writing, video and social media
- Flexibility, including the ability to thrive in a team-based work structure
- Adobe creative suite skills are preferred
- HTML and Photoshop skills are preferred
- Video-editing skills are preferred
- To be eligible for an NBC10|T62 Internship, you must be in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, or Graduate degree at an accredited institution.
- Current class standing of sophomore or above
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
- Cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or above
- Must be 18 years or greater
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in United States.
- Must be willing to work in Philadelphia, PA