AWESOME INC, a creative studio in Atlanta, GA, is currently seeking both senior and junior Storyboard Artists to join our crew on the new animated 2D movie, Jodie.
Location Not Provided
Ideal candidates are Georgia-based, however opportunities are available for remote artists. Position is full-time with benefits. Length of employment will be for the duration of the production season; approximately 6 months to 1 year.
About the Show
“What Daria did for showing how inane high school was for Gen X, Jodie will do for exploring the trials and tribulations of a first job for a new generation. The series will satirize workplace culture, Gen Z struggles, the artifice of social media and more. With themes of empowerment along gender and racial lines, explorations of privilege, and a wicked sense of humor, Jodie will shine a light on the personal and professional issues young Black women face today.”
You will need to…
- Have 3+ years episodic experience at an animation studio if you’re keen on a senior position.
- Have a solid portfolio or degree from an accredited art school if you’re eyeing a junior role.
- Be adept at Storyboard Pro.
- Have a strong sense of comedic timing.
- Be fluent in the principles of animation, especially those pertaining to staging, composition, framing, & character acting.
- Know the difference between feature-film camerawork and what’s typical for a 2D series.
You may find yourself…
- Working closely with directors, asking questions & discussing story objectives, translating script into visuals.
- Collaborating with other storyboard artists as a team.
- Pitching boards to directors and crew, & revising based on notes and feedback.
- Working within a scope, setting-up animation & art departments for success.
- Meeting deadlines and relaying progress along the way.
- We want you to be passionate, confident, resourceful, self-motivated, and creative!
- People-skills in collaborating & communicating are a must-have.
Please, no phone calls or office visits.