The Scripps Networks division is hiring a Story Editor who will work directly with the senior management and show talent to comes up with new and fun ways to enhance the overall show.
Washington D.C. Metro Area
Apr 04, 2022
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Supervises the show’s creative goals and objectives developed with management to ensure consistent content and quality is executed by the creative staff.
- Helps produce the best show possible within a set framework (budget, available resources and schedule).
- Reviews and approves story ideas during pre-production to ensure consistent creative and content execution
- Reviews and approves show outlines to ensure consistent creative and content execution
- Assists with expanding storylines and editorial calendar as well as assisting with development for programming
- Responsible for what goes on the air in terms of the primary content of the show and how it is assembled; keeping the audience engaged and entertained.
- Communicates creative vision of program to team to help develop feature ideas providing outlines and synopsis and pitches story ideas.
- Other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Bachelors degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- Previous production experience is preferred.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- Must be passionate about the entertainment and broadcast industry, as well as creative and flexible.
- Specialized people skills ensuring the development of a strong team-oriented environment.
- Knowledge of current events, entertainment, culture, travel, fashion and creates content that empowers our viewers.
- Responsibilities of this position will take time, talent, energy, stamina - and the ongoing ability to complete many tasks simultaneously.