NewsNation is currently seeking a creative, experienced and pro-active full-time Lead Stagehand to join our team at its studios in New York.
As a Lighting Director/Stagehand you will work with our current team of Stagehands to create, establish and maintain all NewsNation lighting needs.
The Stagehand/Lighting Director will Perform, at a minimum, the following duties:
*Plot, identify, and install lighting equipment.
*Direct other lighting personnel during installations and adjustments.
*Work closely with external vendors to maintain quality control over studio lighting.
*Create and document cues to be used during daily shows, as well as any special projects, including the installation and focusing such lighting to attain the desired effect.
*The LD will also function as a member of the regular crew and operate entertainment lighting consoles/switchboards, spotlights, and other lighting equipment (except lights and equipment as may be attached to the camera).
*Move, install, place, handle and maintain all sets, scenery and props.
*Function as scenic carpenters. Specialists may also perform rigging functions.
*Operate Teleprompter both for studio operations and remote locations.
- 5-7 years in a major market television station.
- Meet the required standards for stagehand as designated by The International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees.
- A strong working knowledge of television lighting, especially etc (Electronic Theater Controls) EOS and Ion consoles.
- Be required to occasionally travel to remote locations, when needed, to create lighting setups for NewsNation productions.
- Excellent communication skills a must.
- Applicants must be a member in good standing of I.A.T.S.E.
Salary is based on experience:
Salary Range: $100, 000 - $120,000