The Stage Manager takes charge of the production stage in the studio/live production venue. They act as the connection between the Director and the people on the floor and stage such as the anchors, guests, and the audience.
Live Event / On Location Services
Las Vegas, Nevada Area
Apr 06, 2023
The Stage Manager is an extension of the control room, and an extra hand in all production needs and makes sure that all technical equipment, props and sets are in good condition before production begins.
- Ensure that all aspects of the studio are ready for the broadcast including technical equipment, props and sets
- Place microphones, IFB, and other related communication equipment on talent and ensure that they are working properly
- Takes part in the preparation and planning of productions while also taking care of the talent and guests involved in the production
- Informs the Producer and the Director about all the action off-camera
- Provides cues as well as time counts to the talent, guests and presenters
- Manages cables, sets, props and traffic on the studio floor
- Ability to understand and follow rundown
- Associates Degree in Television Production or higher or equivalent work experience preferred
- Basic computer skills and familiarity with Windows operating systems
- 2-3 years of experience with live studio broadcast
- Comfortable with all aspects of the production
- Perform well under pressure and breaking news situations
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Knowledge of set monitors and other essential studio hardware
- Experience with microphones, base stations IFB's, and intercom devices
- Works effectively with others in a team environment.
- Bi-lingual (English and Spanish) preferred