The Global Brand Video team is the Video Center of Excellence for T. Rowe Price, sitting within the Global Brand Marketing organization. The role of Sr. Videographer/Motion Graphics Designer is responsible for planning, shooting, editing, and animating a wide range of video materials for the firm.
Functions as a producer on numerous concurrent video projects, focusing on those that are intermediate and advanced. Meets with stakeholders and project managers to evaluate, interpret, and articulate video requirements. Recommends and designs appropriate video and media-based solutions. Assists in the development of project planning schedules and securing necessary resources for assigned projects. This role requires a sophisticated approach, and will plan high visibility, executive-level work, as well as advanced animation projects. Provides expert consulting and design recommendations. Participates in the broader planning and creative design for advanced video and animation projects.
Shooting and Asset Creation:
Will pack, transport, set up, shoot, and tear down camera, lighting, audio and required set equipment for both live and recorded productions both within and outside of our production studio(s). Will be expected to produce video both as part of a larger production team or, as an individual (single/solo) producer. Some project assignments may require more advanced shooting strategies and liaison with creative partners. Position also requires working with and modifying graphic assets produced by others, as well as creating graphic/media assets for animation.
Editing and Animation:
Will transfer media and video footage from cameras and other storage media to non-linear editing systems. Will work with others to prepare digital media at all levels, with an emphasis on intermediate to advanced material for release according to a pre-defined schedule. Completes advanced animations, mixed media video, and industry standard video editing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Video, Film, Electronic Media, or a related field and 2+ years of total relevant work experience.
- Advanced level knowledge of, and hands-on experience with both in-studio and field cameras, lighting, and audio systems. Particularly Canon Cinema cameras, PTZ cameras, and Tricaster video switchers.
- Advanced level knowledge of, and proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud applications. Specifically - Premiere, After Effects, Audition, Illustrator, and Media Encoder.
- Working knowledge of industry standard video editing techniques.
- Proficiency with different styles of video editing (documentary, commercial, advertising, etc.)
- Knowledge of live event platforms within a studio broadcast environment and remote video production.
- Proficiency in motion graphics and animation production software.
- Complete understanding of all phases of the video production process from ideation to distribution.
- Able to manage numerous concurrent projects in a fast-paced team-oriented environment.
- Client focused with high levels of verbal and written communication proficiency.
- A passion for filmmaking/storytelling that stays well-informed on current video production/editing techniques and trends.
Preferred education, work experience, and skills, though not required:
- Seven years’ experience of video production within a professional film/TV/corporate environment.
- Completion of post-secondary coursework in video production and/or post-production, filmmaking.
- Skilled in still photography.
- 3D animation.
- Experience in VR, AR, and data-visualization.