CBS Sports is building a team to lead our coverage of soccer on social media. The Senior Social Producer will be a significant contributor to programming our soccer accounts.
Our ideal candidate will be proactive in nature and fluent in speaking to a women’s soccer audience on social. Further, they will understand best practices of Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and TikTok, as demonstrated by their portfolio of work. They must be equipped to create content (i.e. videos, graphics, photoshops, memes) that best play to each platform’s audience.
The candidate will work in partnership with the production and editorial teams at CBS Sports to run these accounts. They must have the ability to identify trending stories, format them for social platforms, and use them to engage our audiences.
The Senior Social Producer will play a vital role in running an account dedicated to covering women’s soccer at CBS Sports. In addition to covering the NWSL, USWNT, Women’s World Cup Qualifiers and Women’s Nations League on CBS platforms, they will be responsible for covering significant non-CBS matches from European leagues (e.g. UWCL, FAWSL, Primera División, Division 1 Féminine, Frauen-Bundesliga and Serie A femminile) and important breaking news from those leagues in the soccer world.
- Post live social content from NWSL, USWNT matches and studio programming
- Come up with original creative concepts in reaction to ongoing social conversation in European football
- Create photoshops and memes
- Lead and develop daily posts for CBS’ soccer accounts across Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok
- Communicate with peers in Production, Editorial, and Marketing teams to support their priorities through our social accounts
- Coordinate with CBS soccer talent to produce/post video to our social accounts
- Work with social designers and video editors to build editorial and promotional content
Qualifications:What you bring to the team:
You have –
- 3+ years relevant experience leading branded social media accounts
- Familiarity with and passion for women’s soccer
- Willingness to adapt working schedule to cover primetime soccer matches, often on nights and weekends
- Ability to work under extremely fast turnaround times
- Grasp of Adobe Photoshop and Premiere with a hunger to improve your craft
You might also have –
- Exceptional writing ability and a strong understanding of English grammar