Wondery is looking for a Senior Producer for the New Shows team. You will play a key role in helping develop and launch new series from soup to nuts in our growing slate of story-driven “always on” shows.
Greater Atlanta Area, Greater Los Angeles Area, Greater New York City Area
Jun 28, 2022
You will pitch new ideas, oversee the early creative development process of 2-3 shows, and work with the production team to manage daily production needs.
We are looking for a candidate who loves character-driven audio storytelling and understands how to convey complex information in a dramatic, accurate, and emotionally engaging way. You will oversee and work closely with a small team including external editors, hosts and sound designers to help create and produce a variety of story-based shows from kids fiction to fact-based single and dual voice multi-episode narratives. Must have a deep understanding of long form narrative writing and structure with proven ability to convey and execute notes, as well as hands on production experience organizing projects, tracking schedules, and delivering high quality shows on weekly deadlines. You thrive in a fast-paced creative environment and are self-directed but also enjoy collaboration and working with creative teams. Bonus if you have experience working in audio writing and fact-based story experience.
This role can be based in either Los Angeles, CA; Atlanta, GA; or New York (Brooklyn or New York City).
Key job responsibilities
- The Senior Producer oversees the development and launch of 2-3 shows a year, up to 25 episodes per series per year. Responsible for overseeing all aspects of a show from initial idea to transition.
- DEVELOPMENT: The SP oversees launch plan, works with internal team to build and track series calendar. Identify and hire and train all key external roles including writers, editors, producers and sound designers. Oversee host search and casting, training of new talent.
- LAUNCH: Oversees all aspects of show to ensure successful launch of first episodes. Work with internal stakeholders in ramp up to show including editing scripts, rewrites as needed (long form writing skills needed), providing mix notes to sound designer, directing hosts, crafting show and series descriptions, and meeting with marketing on show needs.
- ONGOING SHOW MAINTENANCE. Oversee series for 20-25 episodes with eye to transition. Build infrastructure, streamline creative process, craft style and process guides. Final check on highest standards for scripts and mixes. Oversee show bible and transition to new team.
- PITCH NEW SHOWS: Pitch new ideas in monthly meetings.
- Diplomatic problem solver who thrives in a high pressure creative deadline-driven environment.
- Someone who enjoys collaborating with a team but can self direct to prioritize work while looking ahead to ascertain production needs.
- Experience as a producer/production manager/line producer or experience in production risk management
- 6+ years experience with budgeting, scheduling and cost reports
- Audio writing or audio script editing experience
- Knowledge or experience using sound and music help tell narrative story
- Experience working across narrative formats and genres with at least one genre based in fact-based story such as doc, feature mag, reality.
- Senior level management experience in a creative, deadline-driven environment.
- Proven ability to pivot and problem solve