The Senior Graphics Artist position will design and produce still and animated graphic content for Live News and Feature Programming.
Greater Atlanta Area
Aug 04, 2023
The Senior Graphics Artist position will design and produce still and animated graphic content for Live News and Feature Programming. Communicate with producers, graphic supervisors, and other design team members to support a range of graphics requests. Expert multi-tasker able to support daily news requests while working on quick turn animations, package development and longer-term branding initiatives. Produce high-quality design under tight deadlines while maintaining strict accuracy, visual clarity and meets technical standards.
Your Role Accountabilities…
- Create graphics to support CNN Design network programming with a focus on animated content.
- Accomplished motion designer with exceptional skills creating animated content for both program branding and explainer graphics.
- Able to develop animations for branded programming that effectively support key Editorial content goals in a dynamic, visually compelling manner.
- Able to take a verbal script and translate complex ideas into easily understandable visual presentations.
- Must possess excellent audio skills working with music, sound design and voice track.
- Exhibits exceptional branding skills. Is equally able to develop branding and work within defined style guides.
- Thorough understanding of CNN Design standards and Style is appropriately applied and advocated on all projects. Sound editorial thinking applied when producing graphics in support of news content.
- Successfully manages time and resources to create a diverse scope of graphics supporting daily news and other network programming. Balances time vs workload to consistently deliver effective results.
- During breaking news, quickly determines graphic needs of both networks; promptly and accurately expedites all necessary elements. Follows through with the editorial staff of both networks to ensure all needs are met.
Qualifications & Experience…
- Degree from accredited art school with emphasis in graphic design, motion design or related field (illustration, photography, industrial design, visual communications) or equivalent work experience.
- Displays outstanding communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with other teams under pressure.
- Embraces working in a diverse, collaborative environment and is willing to train and assist other designers on various levels. Actively contribute to overall positive and creative atmosphere of the department.
- Excellent computer, organizational and interpersonal skills required.
- Expert level at Adobe Creative Suite (After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc).
- Cinema 4D knowledge is a plus