Denver7 is looking for a super creative graphic artist/editor who knows how to make show opens, teases, story graphics and promotions sing!
Greater Denver Area
Oct 25, 2022
Our opens are edited in a “movie trailer” kind of way with a combination of video and graphic treatment. They are not traditional opens and our goal is the same for our teases. We also tell incredibly innovative stories that are very creatively edited and graphic centric. We need someone who thinks beyond a typical newscast and has strong editing skills. Perfect candidate for this job has a very creative eye and isn’t afraid to take chances. Candidate will mostly work for the news department but will also work on projects with the Creative Services team. This position will assist in training our team of in-house editors in motion graphics software and help to ensure brand continuity. This job will also assist in the management and oversight of the design and animation process for motion graphics that include any or all of the following: broadcast show package graphics, station and show promotions, web and other projects as assigned.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Conceptualize, design and create graphics and animations for any or all of the following: Broadcast news, sales, programming, promotion and web as assigned.
- Designs storyboards which present a design concept using advanced graphics and animation tools and techniques, video and film shoots, stock imagery and photography and special effects.
- Animates own designs or client driven designs using tools such as 2D animation, 3D animation, dedicated broadcast production equipment and special effects.
- Organizes and pitches presentations of creative concepts and production techniques.
- May manage graphics resources, including contract workers in meeting delivery schedules for creative work.
- Leads communication with internal or external clients.
- Visualizes creative ideas and verbalizes ideas to internal or external client.
- Creates project materials within an assigned basic design and look.
- Researches and provides recommendations on technical software and hardware tools for the department.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Experience with print, digital and 2D/3D animation.
- Previous graphics graphic and art production work with background in TV desired.
- Experience in live news broadcasts and quick delivery of deadline driven graphics.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite with a focus on After Effects, Photoshop and Premiere.
- Cinema 4D experience is a plus.
- Apple Motion and Final Cut Pro experience is also a plus, but not required.
- Must have strong design skills and ability to generate a project from concept to completion
- Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods via visual media
- Ability to apply artist skills including color theory, shape balance, and lighting.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required as well as the ability to successfully work in a team environment.
- Detail-orientated with the ability to multi-task and prioritize under tight deadlines.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including holidays, evenings and weekends.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record required. In addition, proof of insurance and liability coverage may be required.