The Senior Designer will conceptualize and executes strategic design solutions for Sony Pictures Television - Game Shows, inclusive of existing IP and developing shows. Sr. Designer (SD) must have strong design foundation and excellent motion skills with the versatility to execute a high volume of large-scale across multiple platforms and media.
The Senior Designer will conceptualize and executes strategic design solutions for Sony Pictures Television - Game Shows, inclusive of existing IP and developing shows. Sr. Designer (SD) must have strong design foundation and excellent motion skills with the versatility to execute a high volume of large-scale across multiple platforms and media. Must work as a team member but also be a resourceful self-starter and an adept leader with the ability to see projects from concept through execution with minimal supervision. Must be an effective liason between various groups within Sony Pictures Entertainment as well as external agencies and vendors. SD should exhibit strong business acumen and impeccable presentation skills. Must have the ability and focus to mentor designers, vendors and creative staff. Be able to receive and provide creative direction effectively and relishes collaboration and growth. The SD will explore untested and unique approaches to creative solutions, pushing the craft as well as the department forward while meeting all project and scope requirements.
SD is a great communicator and is punctual. They maintain an efficient workflow and process. They promptly communicate any issues regarding design and production to management. They work hand-in-hand with Production and Operations. SD manages assets, archives projects, and understands delivery. Exhibits willingness to take on responsibilities outside of their job description, and has the ability to respond to business demands in a fast-paced environment. Presents a positive and professional attitude to stakeholders and co-workers.
SD maintains familiarity with current culture, design and marketing trends, social platforms and the relevance of fans and audiences. Exhibits an innate sense of curiosity.
Work Experience Requirements
- Must be LA-based and willing to work a hybrid onsite schedule.
- Experience in a self-starter/ leadership role w/ management experience
- 5-10 years in design and production (broadcast, digital, print)
- Ability to manage projects from concept through execution unsupervised.
- Prolific storyteller who is able to clearly articulate and sell their creative vision.
- Strong proficiency in branding initiatives
- Skilled at creating high-end pitch decks for new shows, projects in various stages of development.
- Experience in storyboarding narratives, concept creation and production execution
- Experience in live action, 2D animation, 3D and VEFX, compositing, sonic branding
- Proficient working knowledge of Abobe Creative Suite, Keynote, PPT required.
- Outstanding Photoshop, AE, and compositing expertise with strong sense of typography.
- Background in broadcast media / media / television industry
- Ability to work flexible hours
- C4D skills a plus
Creativity, leadership, ability to think strategically, innovation, teamwork, ability to multi-task,
communication skills, time management and prioritization skills a must
The anticipated base salary for this position is $71,000 to $94,100.