The Sr. Coordinator position liaises directly with post production vendors, SPE television production groups as well as internal and external clients to coordinate/collect/manage/manufacture and disseminate production information and assets.
The TV Mastering department is a critical piece of Distribution and Content Services (“DCS”) operations. It is the point of contact with television post-production vendors, as well as SPT Production teams, to collect all production deliverables (IP assets) and production status information required to localize and fulfill SPT Distribution program licensing deals/agreements. Many downstream functions (i.e., DCS Localization & DCS Distribution) rely on the effective communication, operations/deliveries of this department’s work.
The position is specifically responsible for facilitating collection of production information/assets, managing the quality control of such assets, managing the creation of serviceable assets and ensuring such assets are uploaded into approved repositories to support the localization and distribution of said assets. The process of creating serviceable assets for wide distribution is called “OV + LV master creation”.
This group also handles the time sensitive workflows that are required to service Day & Date / Next Day releases.
- Ensures television production assets required for distribution exploitation are on track for delivery. Regularly communicates with SPT Production & Post Production vendors to ensure production assets are delivered to SPE per SPE’s technical specifications and on-time to support SPT Distribution licensing deals / meet order delivery deadlines. Communicates production activities and delivery status information to all DCS operating units i.e., Localization and Distribution.
- Creates Purchase Orders and Work Orders required for vendor engagement of SPE distribution required services / assets / components. Raises requests and manages vendor execution to ensure assets are quality controlled and “mastered” into a format that can be serviced for all distribution exploitation in all media. Raises requests for the creation of components required to fulfill distribution clients i.e., Closed caption files, SUB files, Audio Descriptive files, etc…
- Coordinates Quality Control (QC) processing and addresses / resolves technical issues with Post Production as identified via QC report findings.
- Questions existing QC & mastering workflows and raises recommendations to ensure processes are performed in the most efficient and cost effective manner.
- Embraces new technology opportunities, incorporating new processes as made available / determined by Management.
- Provides department overflow coverage when needed for team. Coverage includes but is not limited to, purchase order creation, work order creation and production tracking / asset delivery oversight.
- Develop documentation to allow for proper initiation and execution of new workflows. Establish training guides and schedules with teams to ensure process is rolled out and utilized.
- Min 5 years Post-Production / Post Vendor experience.
- Min 2 years Experience processing 4K assets.
- International experience a plus.
Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.