Responsible for review and preparation of balance sheet and income statement account analysis and monthly journal entries pertaining to AMC National Network entities, including AMC, WEtv, Sundance, IFC, BBCA.
Greater New York City Area
Mar 16, 2023
Apply US GAAP knowledge to review and account for operational transactions on a daily basis. Review disbursements to ensure proper general ledger coding, proper approval levels and adequacy of the supporting documentation. Develop and maintain relationships with various levels of management, as well as departments, to further ones understanding of business activities. Meet with internal and external auditors as necessary.
- Preparation of journal entries in conformity with established procedures.
- Prepare and review analysis of various balance sheet and P&L accounts.
- Review disbursements, i.e. vendor payment requests, wires and T&E’s to ensure proper coding, authorization and budgetary approval and adherence to Company policy.
- Review of supporting legal documents, e.g. program agreements, to ensure accounting is correct.
- Preparation of quarterly and annual financial reporting schedules.
- Coordinate preparation of requested data for internal and external auditors.
- Research accounting issues as requested.
- Assist in various other accounting related projects as assigned.
- Special projects as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (Required & Preferred)
- Management Skills
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Advanced accounting and analytical abilities
- Effective project and time management skills
- Ability to work well and excel under tight deadlines and periods of high volume
- Ability to establish effective interdepartmental relations
- Ability to establish relationships with business partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- CPA and Masters strongly preferred
- Minimum 2-3 years accounting experience
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Very strong analytical skills
- Very strong Excel skills and possess knowledge of automated environments.
- Ability to multi task and follow up
- Must have shown upward mobility in prior work experience(s)
- Must have strong academic credentials
The base compensation range for this position is $80,000.00 to $85,000.00 commensurate with experience.