KNXV/KASW, the E.W. Scripps Company ABC station in Phoenix, Arizona, is searching for a Sports Specialty Producer to join our team. The Sports Specialty Producer will create, lead and organize content for multiple platforms utilizing strong editorial, journalistic, organizational and communication skills.
Live Event / On Location Services
Phoenix, Arizona Area
Oct 17, 2023
KNXV/KASW, the E.W. Scripps Company ABC station in Phoenix, Arizona, is searching for a Sports Specialty Producer to join our team. The Sports Specialty Producer will create, lead and organize content for multiple platforms utilizing strong editorial, journalistic, organizational and communication skills. You will research, develop, and plan stories that support the company’s content strategy. This may include live or prerecorded sportscasts/local programs and editing or repurposing existing content to enhance the end product.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Plan, organize and develop content about the NHL’s Phoenix Coyotes for all platforms. Responsible for producing a monthly Club Insider special about the Coyotes. May be assigned to cover other Phoenix-area sports teams as needed.
- Write and edit scripts.
- Work closely with Multimedia Journalists (MMJs), and/or investigative reporters and content producers as stories are produced for multiple platforms.
- May manage tip line, emails, and respond to viewers.
- Shoot still and moving video.
- Edit desktop video including vo, vosots, packages and show segments.
- Work with editors to utilize graphics and other tools to visually enhance storytelling.
- May lead special projects, conduct interviews, and enterprise original story ideas.
- May create original story ideas or repurpose existing content to be showcased in a unique way.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- BS/BA in related discipline preferred or equivalent years of experience
- Generally, 5+ years of experience in related field preferred
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- Knowledge and demonstration of creativity, editorial judgment, journalistic ethics and libel law
- Solid understanding and demonstration of multimedia file formats and strong computer skills
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and local laws impacting operations
- Knowledge and proficiency in posting content to television station websites
- Must be a team player and adapt to developing situations quickly
- Must be an excellent conversational writer with solid news judgement and a positive attitude
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexible work hours may be required, including holidays, weekends and evenings
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Valid driver's license, good driving record, and ability to provide proof of insurance with the company required insurance limits