WXIA is looking for a great Sports Producer who will excel at storytelling, especially in this digital age of journalism.
Greater Atlanta Area
We want a producer who can create unique and shareable stories for all platforms through memorable writing, photography, and editing
- Develop story ideas that can be turned into news stories for on-air broadcasting and digital platforms.
- Produce daily sportscasts while working with our two sports MSJs to create the best and most exciting daily sports content in the market.
- Produce “Sports Extra”, our weekly 30-minute Sunday night sports show. Work with anchor to develop a good stream of guests, as well as finding creative ways to present the show each week.
- Write in an exciting, captivating, and authentic manner.
- Use the latest editing and photography tools to tell great stories.
- Develop original content through social listening and independent sources.
- Use your skills to produce different sportscasts and specials that aren’t afraid to break the mold.
- Occasionally interview news subjects and research for facts and credibility.
- Develop sources that allow you to break stories.
- Write and post daily on all digital platforms including social media.
- Write for the web, including attaching images and streaming video.
- BA/BS in journalism, communications, or related field.
- 1-3 years of experience preferred.
- Experience in photojournalism, editing, and content management systems.
- Understanding of the tenants of professional journalism.
- A portfolio with examples of strong breaking news reporting.
- Work with MSJs to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots.
- Strong social media skills, including an active news hound presence on Twitter and Facebook
- Knowledge of ENPS, Edius and Axis graphics.
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines.
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events.
- Must be willing to travel.
Day, Evening, Overnight