WPTV, The E.W. Scripps Company NBC affiliate in West Palm Beach, FL, is looking for a Specialty Producer to join the team on a part time temporary basis.
West Palm Beach, Florida Area
May 20, 2022
The Specialty Producer produces compelling stories for multiple platforms which may include investigative stories and special projects.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Research, develop, and plan investigative stories or special projects. This may include live or prerecorded newscasts/local programs and editing or repurposing existing content to enhance the end product.
- Write and edit scripts.
- Work closely with MMJs, and/or investigative reporters and content producers as stories are produced for multiple platforms.
- May be responsible for tip line, emails, and responding to viewers.
- Shoot still and moving video.
- Edit desktop video.
- May lead investigations, conduct interviews or be called upon for undercover field work.
- Work with editors to utilize graphics and other tools to visually enhance storytelling.
- May lead special projects, conduct interviews, and enterprise original story ideas.
- May be involved in repurposing existing content to be showcased in a unique way.
- Other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years as a television news writer or producer with a background in enterprise or investigative journalism preferred.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- Knowledge and demonstration of creativity, editorial judgment, journalistic ethics and libel law.
- Solid understanding and demonstration of multimedia file formats and strong computer skills.
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and local laws impacting operations.
- Knowledge and proficiency in posting content to television station websites.
- Must be a team player and adapt to developing situations quickly.
- Must be an excellent conversational writer with solid news judgement and a positive attitude.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record required. In addition, proof of insurance and liability coverage may be required.