The Specialist, Communications is a key contributor on the team responsible for promoting and protecting Netflix’s reputation for series, films, and studio operations.
The Specialist, Communications is a key contributor on the team responsible for promoting and protecting Netflix’s reputation for series, films, and studio operations. In addition to helping define the Netflix narrative, this role will work on announcements, pitches, executive briefings, and more. This role is based out of the Los Angeles office and reports to the Director of Communications for Entertainment + Studio.
The ideal candidate will have a finger on the pulse of culture with experience in entertainment or media companies, including working directly with production partners, talent representatives, and press. They will be creative and proactive, and able to make wise decisions and exercise sound judgment even when faced with ambiguity. They will be a collaborative team player, resourceful, optimistic, and solution-oriented.
- Identify impactful story angles, craft pitches, and secure stories centered around Netflix’s series and films
- Draft announcements, briefing materials, and messaging documents
- Develop and nurture media contacts
- Track, vet, and respond to media requests
- Partner closely with creative executives, publicity, marketing, product, policy, production, and other cross-functional teams
- 7+ years of experience in corporate or agency settings with a focus on entertainment
- Background in journalism and/or entertainment business also highly relevant
- Passionate about the evolving entertainment landscape with a strong working knowledge of social platforms and trends.
- Working media relationships at traditional and emerging entertainment and business outlets
- Experience handling high volume of complex projects and tasks for multiple people and teams while simultaneously managing competing priorities
- Ability to leverage insights, develop and secure stories aligned to company priorities
- Clear and concise communication style that can effectively convey complex ideas written and verbally
- Meticulous organizational skills, good judgment of brand and comms risks, and effective time management
- Have a point of view, and be able to offer a unique perspective and voice