Lead, shape and implement the channel strategy for the Netflix is a Joke comedy social channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube and evaluating the opportunity cost against opening channels on additional platforms (e.g. TikTok, Twitch etc.).
Greater Los Angeles Area
Sep 26, 2022
Key Responsibilities: High-Level Strategy & Creative
- Lead, shape and implement the channel strategy for the Netflix is a Joke comedy social channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube and evaluating the opportunity cost against opening channels on additional platforms (e.g. TikTok, Twitch etc.).
- Set channel and platform growth goals - using data and analytics to keep you and your cross-functional partners accountable
- Consistently ideate, create and curate comedy content (across our slate of film and series content) with a strong point of view and deep knowledge of the Netflix is a Joke brand personality, using innovative approaches to format, structure and presentation to encourage our followers to engage.
- Utilize comedy expertise to speak authentically to the audience, leverage opportunities with talent, and stay on top of changing trends in the comedy landscape.
- Cultivate close cross-functional relationships across the comedy teams (marketing, publicity, and content) in order to syndicate the best content to our platforms with the broadest following.
- Be experimental with content; take risks with what you’re creating; be ambitious and original. Turn one-off hits into successful repeatable formats.
- Use internal and external social analytics and other internal data to inform strategy and detect new opportunities.
- Stay on top of trends, timely events, and upcoming title launches to seize on reactive opportunities for the audience.
- In partnership with other platform managers, develop relationships with the platform reps - ensure cross functional partners know about product updates, opportunities to be included in Beta tests, platform best practices, etc.
Tactical Channel Management
- Build and manage an annual budget for Netflix is a Joke social channels.
- Respond to daily comments from fans, talent, and notable influencers as a member of the comedy community and develop a clear and differentiated tone from other owned Netflix channels.
- Identify opportunities to elevate the comedy conversation by staying on top of trends, changing behaviors, and emerging voices online and by platform.
- Work with cross functional partners to approve title-specific content, place on the channel schedules, and make sure all owned projects (always-on and reactive content) are delivering on time and are creatively sound.
- For new big swing ideas originating from a title campaign, work with Title Social Managers and review preliminary and final treatments to ensure best shot at success on the platforms.
- Maintain the daily programming schedule in our proprietary scheduling system.
- Work with XF partners on how big brand swings across marketing, product & publicity (e.g. Tudum the event, NIAJ Fest etc.) show up on our platforms in a relevant way for the Netflix is a Joke audience.
- Serve as one of the final set of eyes on content before it goes out in the world & ensure posting in accurate, timely manner and in the NIAJ voice.