Shop TODAY, the commerce arm of TODAY, is looking for a Social Media Video Producer to help create engaging video content for a variety of social platforms.
Shop TODAY, the commerce arm of TODAY, is looking for a Social Media Video Producer to help create engaging video content for a variety of social platforms. This person will be responsible for creating daily videos including Instagram Reels and TikToks, launching new franchises, and combining creative and technical skills to be a compelling storyteller within the e-commerce landscape.
Other responsibilities for this role include writing scripts, creating shot lists for staff members and freelancers, monitoring trends, and helping grow social platforms through video content. They will work closely with the editorial team, choosing what digital content should be optimized for video.
The ideal candidate must be an experienced storyteller, with an interest in service journalism and a keen eye for trends. This role requires someone who is detail-oriented, who can work in a fast paced environment with the social, broadcast, and editorial teams. They will be working with both broadcast clips and creating original video content. We are looking for someone who has a strong grasp on what is happening in the social sphere and is prepared to put Shop TODAY’s own unique twist on them.
- Shoot and edit social first videos to promote our digital content
- Repackage broadcast clips for social
- Work with staff and talent to make unique and trendy videos
- Help editorial team with shot lists, scripts, and be able to teach them best practices for filming their own content
- Collaborate with the art team and editorial team to package and promote daily content, special projects, and tentpole events (Prime Day, Black Friday, holidays, etc.)
- Collaborate with the TODAY Digital social team to learn best practices and amplify Shop TODAY content across platforms
Salary range: $85,000-$95,000
- At least 4+ years social video experience
- Must have experience using Adobe Premiere
- Script writing experience
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment and work across multiple teams
- Experience working with talent and being on set
- Interest in shopping trends and discovering new products that will resonate with TODAY readers
- Photography experience is a plus
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Hybrid: This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.