The Social Media Producer for The Kelly Clarkson Show will lead on-the-ground social content capture for all tapings and translate daily episodes into compelling, social-first content across the brand’s social platforms.
Live Event / On Location Services
Greater New York City Area
Jun 05, 2023
The Social Media Producer for The Kelly Clarkson Show will lead on-the-ground social content capture for all tapings and translate daily episodes into compelling, social-first content across the brand’s social platforms. The Social Media Producer will also be responsible for daily scheduling of social posts across all social platforms, executing the strategies set by the Senior Social Media Producer. A strong sense of what performs well on each platform, understanding tone, and the ability to adapt the posting schedule to yield best results will be required. A go-above-and-beyond attitude and a strong understanding of digital trends and emerging platforms are a must. Ideal candidate will have experience and ease working with and producing high-profile talent. Candidates with background in filming, editing and copywriting will be preferred.
The Social Media Producer will report to the Senior Social Media Producer.
- Produce and capture short-form social content on-set and backstage with The Kelly Clarkson Show guests at all tapings.
- Assist the Senior Social Media Producer in identifying daily episodic social content & repackaging broadcast clips for social.
- Manage daily content publishing/scheduling across all social media platforms.
- Initiate authentic community engagement with our audience across all social platforms.
- Brainstorm, research, and pitch new content and franchise ideas for The Kelly Clarkson Show’s digital audience.
- Assist the Senior Social Media Producer with campaign brainstorms for branded integrations, tentpole and special events.
- Execute branded social content capture on-set and in-field.
- Identify trends on social and find ways to attach the brand in order to reach new audiences.
- Ability to run live streams across social media platforms.
- Work occasional nights and weekends as needed for on-set coverage and special events.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment, with understanding that social media landscape is constantly evolving and may demand attention outside normal business hours.
- Basic Qualifications:
- Minimum 2 years professional experience working in social or digital media, ideally for entertainment/television brand(s).
- Minimum 1 year professional experience managing and scheduling content on key social media platforms, including TikTok, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube.
- Minimum 1 year professional experience producing and shooting social media content, ideally in entertainment/television space or on-set environment.
- Minimum 1 year professional experience crafting or contributing to a brand’s tone and voice on digital platforms.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
- Willingness to work long hours and on some weekends
- Must be willing to work in New York City
- Must have work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
- A strong awareness of the social and digital media landscape, new technologies and emerging platforms.
- Prior experience working with high-profile talent or entertainment brand(s).
- Proven track record of making smart decisions to build an audience on various social platforms.
- A love of pop culture and digital-first content; ability to spot trends on social media and integrate into brand.
- A curiosity and strong interest in constantly improving and evolving social media strategies to create better content.
- Familiarity with daytime and late night talk show landscape and associated social media.
- Able to work effectively with creative individuals, show production staff, technology experts, brand marketing, and other diverse stakeholders.
- Understanding of social media sponsorships and brand partnerships.
- Able to thrive in fast-paced TV and social media environments, managing multiple projects and tasks at the same time.
- Comfortable working with social media scheduling tools (i.e. Later.com, Sprout, Tweetdeck, on-platform backend tools)
- Familiarity with Adobe suite (Premiere, Photoshop), iPhone camera, DSLR camera, basic audio/camera/lighting equipment.
Hybrid: This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
Salary range: $65,000-$85,000