Our Social Media Manager will define and execute the social strategy for The Weather Channel TV network’s portfolio of brands across social networks. They are charged with extending the editorial voice to the social sphere and collaborating with our on-camera meteorologists in an effort to drive key network initiatives.
Marketing / Advertising / Pr Services
Greater Atlanta Area
Nov 06, 2023
Our Social Media Manager will define and execute the social strategy for The Weather Channel TV network’s portfolio of brands across social networks. They are charged with extending the editorial voice to the social sphere and collaborating with our on-camera meteorologists in an effort to drive key network initiatives. The candidate for this role is well versed on all major social platforms, stays up to date on the latest trends and shifts in the industry and is willing to pursue fresh ideas to achieve corporate goals and strengthen the relationship between The Weather Channel and its fans.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop social media strategies and direction for the company working across functions
- Develop and implement appropriate tactics that grow Local Now, Pattern, and The Weather Channel’s social media footprint and enhance the brand
- Seek out and interpret user feedback through a variety of traditional and non-traditional resources to guide social media program development and innovation.
- Review competitive and marketplace analyses to assess trends and develop innovative new products and experiences.
- Ensure that social media is being leveraged effectively to enhance the user experience and support business strategies and goals.
- Act as an editor of all social platforms, approving and editing content to ensure consistent brand voice
- Identify new opportunities and provide strategy recommendations to increase effectiveness of online and television marketing campaigns
- Continuously optimize the brand's presence on Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Pinterest, Instagram and other relevant social media platforms
- Educate and train talent and executives on social media trends and tools
- Develop, test and execute social media and user-generated content integration on Weather Group platforms
- Understand and propose solutions that would encourage users to contribute and share their photos, videos and other experiences with Weather Group brands and its consumers
- Partner with Client Solutions and Ad Sales to develop social campaigns and best practices around advertiser requests
- Advise internal clients on Internet marketing and social media strategies and how to effectively integrate into their overall marketing communications strategy