The E.W. Scripps Company is looking to hire a Social Media Coordinator for the Newsy network. This person assists with the execution of strategic social media and digital initiatives including daily posts to all applicable social media platforms.
Greater Atlanta Area
Apr 07, 2022
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Assists with digital and social interaction with viewers and fans in real time on various web platforms.
- Determines best practices to optimize video content across social media platforms.
- Works with various departments to ensure proper online messaging, relevancy and consistency across multiple networks.
- Assists with cultivating new communities and managing branded online communities using Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, and other social media platforms.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- A degree in communications, marketing, or a related field.
- 2+ years of marketing, public relations experience and/or social networking experience; strong familiarity with online marketing best practices.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (including proofreading)
- Expert knowledge of social networking channels.
- Experience writing, editing and crafting content for the social media space.
- Experience with social media management and analytical tools.
- The ability to work with cross-functional teams, a knack for research, sharp wit and a willingness to work during nonstandard business hours.