The Disney+ Digital Marketing Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Social Media Strategist and the Manager, Digital Marketing in the day-to-day content creation for organic social media.
The Disney+ Digital Marketing Team oversees the strategy and development of social and multi-platform digital content that engages global audiences. Whether it’s a motion graphic social piece, AV asset, or a simple text-only tweet, we find creative and dynamic ways to elevate and celebrate our core brands Disney, Pixar, Star Wars, Marvel, and National Geographic through meaningful and engaging content.
If you are a proactive collaborator at heart, action-oriented by design, self-proclaimed creative, a digital media consumer, and fan of our brands and its ability to entertain, inform, and inspire, we want to hear from you!
The Social Media Coordinator will support the wider Disney+ Social & Digital Marketing Team and work closely with the central marketing team, as well as internal stakeholders to identify amplification and support opportunities for key Disney+ priorities and campaigns.
The Social Media Coordinator will be collaborative, creative, and detail-oriented, with a strong understanding of all digital and emerging platforms. They will shepherd multiple projects at a time within a fast-paced environment while ensuring that the Disney+ social brand and voice is accurately represented across all content. The ideal candidate is a strong team player, can adapt to processes, meet deadlines, and possess excellent copywriting and communication skills.
- Responsible for the day-to-day programming of social content across all platforms, tagging for reporting, calendar maintenance, and asset management
- Review content to ensure it is within the brand voice, tone, and positioning of campaign and/or title and will craft creative and attention-grabbing copy under tight timelines
- Ideate new social concepts to engage and entertain digital audiences, leaning into applicable brand-safe trends, where appropriate
- Assist with live content coverage, ideation, scripting, and execution for talent press junkets, content shoots, and marketing events
- Route all assets to the necessary stakeholders for internal approvals (Legal, Clearances, Brands & Franchise, etc.) and clearly communicate feedback to ensure content meets business standards
- Deliver all final approved assets and copy to relevant partners while ensuring that publishing timing and tagging of content is aligned to the wider marketing plans as well as reporting needs
- Attend and, when needed, lead brainstorms and meetings that may involve future projects that require cross-team/segment coordination
- Copyrighting to accompany assets
- Manage meeting calendars for the wider team
- 1+ years experience in social/digital marketing, ideally working in an entertainment brand/streaming setting
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Highly motivated, proactive and organized
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Passionate about digital media and social platforms
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, juggling multiple projects, and within a matrixed reporting environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills to ensure successful interactions, strong working relationships and the ability to interface with varied levels of management, peers and partners across varying teams
- Highly collaborative sensibility, with ability to be open minded to feedback and always seeking out the best idea, not just their own idea
- Exceptional copyrighting and grammar
- Able to be nimble and adapt quickly to new technologies and processes
- Passion, appreciation, and knowledge of Disney+ movies, series, shorts, and characters
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Google Doc, and Box
- Understanding of Social Media platforms required such as YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Tik Tok.
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and creative ideas on tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Team player with a strong work ethic and high level of confidentiality
- Strong attention to detail and ability to use sound judgement
- Previous experience with CRM tools – AirTable, Smartsheets, and/or Zendesk preferred
- Experience in Sprinklr, Creator Studio, Keynote, Google Slides, and Photoshop a plus
- Social insights and high-level reporting via third-party tools and in-platform a plus
- Experience within brand entertainment marketing and/or streaming services a plus
- Previous experience working with large, matrixed organizations a plus
- Bachelor’s degree. Preferably a degree in Business, Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Cinema/Television or related field