San Jose, CA: The Show Director Assist position assists in coordinating camera blocking, audio cues, lighting design and remote elements into assigned shows.
Feb 17, 2023
The Show Director Assist also works closely with the Show Director while helping to cue live shots and coding rundowns during the newscast. Making sure the Director is aware of any issues and changes so that there’s no errors on air. Working with producers and graphic artists in designing/integrating visual elements and organizes the production rundown to reflect all of the above elements, as well as tracking the commercial break structure associated with the broadcast.
- TV experience in television news production or at a cable television news.
- Ability to work effectively with both editorial and technical staff in planning and executing live or live-to-tape programming
- Experience on a production switcher (preferably the Ross Vision) and working knowledge of other control room broadcast equipment: Cambotics, Chyron/Xpression, and audio console.
- Familiarity with newsroom computer systems (Dalet preferred)
- Bilingual is a plus
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be willing to work in San Jose, CA
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
- Availability to work on weekends, and any shift as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Broadcasting or a related field preferred
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Willing to work additional overtime hours beyond schedule when required
Salary Range: $85,000 - $100,000 DOE