Madison Square Garden Entertainment: The Shooter / Editor - Entertainment will be responsible for creating video content for MSG Entertainment.
Pay range: 75,000.00 – 85,000.00 / year (Salary or Temporary rate is based on job qualifications and relevant work experience)
- The Shooter / Editor - Entertainment will be responsible for creating video content for MSG Entertainment.
- The Shooter / Editor position specializes in wearing multiple hats in both pre-production, production, and the postproduction process including building storyboards, creating shot lists, location scouting, content capture, media management, story editing, stitching and editing 360 content, selecting stock footage, building motion graphics & text animations, editing and mastering audio, exporting multiple formats for social, compressing and resizing files, and captioning.
- He/She will edit videos to support our Video Production department on Radio City Rockettes, live events, music residencies, Garden of Dream, PR, and studio /venue related content for MSG Sphere.
- He/she will report to the Lead Shooter Editor and work with production, creative, and MSGE brand/marketing teams to review video objectives and receive feedback.
- Shooter / Editors must be comfortable working on multiple projects and have strong time management skill.
- Should be knowledgeable of all social video trends and be able to shoot and edit content accordingly, by Inserting dialog, sound effects, music, graphics, and special effects.
- Please note this role requires a strong level of editing experience as 70% of the job will be post-production related.
- Knowledge/expertise in the Music & Entertainment industry is a must!
What will you do?
- Bring content to life in new and exciting ways through editing and motion graphics.
- Execute and deliver compelling high level videos, both short form and long form, with tight turnaround times.
- Expected to edit TVC, Partnership, and branded content.
- Multitask on a variety of projects
- Work with producers and lead shooter editor to create realistic post-production timelines.
- Develop lines of communication and relationships with various MSG departments to ensure efficient execution of projects at the highest quality
- Work extremely closely and collaboratively with the Entertainment Digital, Marketing, Creative, PR and Production teams
- Create content while ensuring consistency by following company brand, quality, and legal standards
- Interact collaboratively and take direction in a 1 on 1 environment, as well as working independently
- Ingest, transcode, log, tag and share media with various departments with very quick turnaround times
- Organize a library of existing Sphere video content with clear file structures.
- Potential travel to MSG owned venues and events for select content projects
What do you need to succeed?
3-5 year’s experience working with an agency or production company.
• Demonstrated hands on experience shooting and operating cinema cameras and DSLR’s (Sony, RED, Blackmagic, Canon, Arri, Go Pro, etc)
• Demonstrated hands on experience with post-production and graphics software, including Adobe Creative Suite specifically; Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Audition and Davinci Resolve
• Extensive experience editing for television and social platforms is a MUST.
• Candidate must have experience setting up cameras, lighting, and audio for interviews.
• Experience with Cinema 4D and Pro Tools is a huge plus
• Candidate MUST have a portfolio to be considered.
• Candidate MUST have a flexible schedule and be able to work nights, weekends, holidays and off-hour shifts when needed.
• Familiar with Sony, Arri, RED and Blackmagic camera systems and their native file formats
• Strong understanding editing and grading RAW / LOG file formats
• Has experience creating and editing in a standard proxy workflow.
• Experience working on digital content executions in the entertainment field a HUGE plus
• Candidate should be nimble, detail oriented, calm under pressure, be able to multi-task, wear many hats
• Superior strategic thinking, superb editing ability, confidence, keen eye for detail, grammar and style, and a deep passion for music, entertainment, and popular culture.
• Strong interpersonal skills; a team player, positive and innovative thinker.
• Ability to deliver great work in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
• Knowledgeable about various editing styles and techniques
• Ability to develop and execute robust narratives and story arc’s as well as micro content for social media and web.
• Demonstrated experience in all phases of post-production –media management, project set up, story editing, color correction/grading, and audio mastering.