Walt Disney Entertainment is looking for applicants for Disney Live Entertainment Costuming Workroom Sewing Specialist positions for locations throughout Walt Disney World and our Off-Property campus.
Wardrober / Stylist
Orlando, Florida Area
Jun 05, 2023
Walt Disney Entertainment is looking for applicants for Disney Live Entertainment Costuming Workroom Sewing Specialist positions for locations throughout Walt Disney World and our Off-Property campus. The workrooms support all of Walt Disney World Costuming including Operations, Entertainment, and Characters, creating and maintaining garments and non-garments.
As a Sewing Specialist you will construct and maintain our legendary costumes by stitching them into existence for our Guests' dreams to come true. The Sewing Specialist makes safety their #1 priority.
The pay rate for this role is $17.25.
To be considered for this role you must successfully pass an in person sewing assessment at The Walt Disney World Resort.
- Complete alterations and produce garments according to due dates with exactness
- Maintain a premium quality of work to uphold Disney standards of alterations and garment construction
- Perform minor maintenance on assigned single needle lock stitch sewing machines
- Address concerns in the workspace and know when to escalate and partner with team
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment following standards and procedures while complying with Company guidelines including cleaning, sweeping, and organizing workspace
- Receive training on the use of several tools, industrial machines, and safety procedures
- Cast members may be required to handle cleaning chemicals and supplies
- Additional Personal Protective Equipment (face shields, goggles, gloves, etc.) may be required at times
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Operate sewing machines with efficiency
- Work with all types of fabrics, including synthetic and natural fibers, fur, foam, vinyl, and leather
- Understand garment repair and construction instructions
- Comfortable working in areas where performers may be in multiple stages of dress/undress
- Push, pull, lift and carry 20 lbs., including overhead
- Climb ladders, stairs and work in several elevations
- Prolonged standing and walking long distances throughout the duration of shift
- Work for extended periods of high activity
- Flexible scheduling with seven (7) days of full availability including first/second shifts, weekends, holidays, and overtime
- Three (3) years of experience in garment construction or repair
- Experience operating home or industrial straight stitch sewing machines
- Experience operating specialized industrial sewing machines including overlock, blind hemmers, cover stitch, etc.