The Series Producer supports the show runners in the execution of creative vision of an animated Sony Pictures Television - Kids series.
Work within series guidelines and parameters in concert with show runners to guide elements of the creative process including, but not limited to, story-telling, art direction, records, storyboarding, audio, pre and post production.
This role reports to Series Showrunners, with a dotted line to the EVP, Creative
- Align with show runners on creative vision and be able to work independently across assigned stages to take vision across. Assigned areas of supervision may include: boards, visuals, animatics, layout, animation, casting and vocal records, episodic songs, underscore, sfx, and mix.
- Attend production meetings, maintain awareness of all things series-related in order to relieve show runner tasks as needed.
- Interface with vendors, production team and talent.
- Broadcaster point-person for assigned areas of supervision, ensuring all feedback is clearly and cohesively addressed and executed to stakeholders’ satisfaction
- Attend records, ensuring performance is aligned with script as well as ensuring selects being called in sessions are aligned with SGM’s POV and effectively communicate direction as needed to vocal director.
- Work with the writing team to execute storytelling that aligns with the creative vision while staying within established parameters.
- Problem solve, in order to take on all notes and propose ways forward that constructively solve to those notes.
- 5-7 years in Series Animation, Comedy/Adventure Series a plus
- Practical experience in a directorial or supervisory role at a studio, guiding visual story-telling and execution.
- Strong and demonstrated understanding of story structure.
- Understanding of/experience in working to series assumptions and parameters including, but not limited to, assets, budget, schedule.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, strong interpersonal and teamwork, problem solving, time and project management
- Requires efficiency, positivity, problem-solving and multi-tasking with strict attention to detail
- Ability to adapt and quickly pivot in a fast-paced production environment