Reporting to the Senior Manager, Writer Producers, the Senior Videographer is responsible for shooting compelling content and stories for use on HSN’s multiple platforms: television, OTT, web, mobile, social and corporate.
Tampa/St. Petersburg, Florida Area
May 24, 2022
The Senior Videographer may also lead creative or administrative projects in a variety of roles when appropriate. At times, the position will work as a one-person unit or with a small crew. The position will also be responsible for the daily organization and overall condition of the HSN in-house studio and the remote production resources such as the lighting production vehicles. Support Production Coordinator and load production gear in and out to support the various productions shoots daily.
Who we are
Primarily at the general direction of the department’s Writer/Producers, the role is responsible for technical and creative execution decisions while operating video equipment including cameras and support, lighting, and audio along with technical and creative decisions for content such as narrative stories, lifestyle product demos, how-tos, promos and corporate content.
- · Participate in a preproduction planning ensuring that technical details are represented in the design of a variety of types of projects – from large scale television commercials to smaller social media clips.
- · Act as the technical expert advising creative teams on the needs of production to achieve the desired results.
- · Make technical decisions determining the required equipment and materials for all shoots based on analysis of the following factors: subject matter or script, location, audio needs, time and lighting requirements/constraints, budgets and talent involvement and participation.
- · Coordinate aspects of projects if necessary, including but not limited to schedules, equipment, transportation, facilities and content deliverables
- · Strong ability to tackle smaller projects as a one-person unit (shoot, light, record sound)
- · Build and style sets to achieve marketing goals of production including product presentations, how-tos and other types of content.
- · Direct photography to achieve desired technical and creative results. Ensure that all content meets or exceeds HSN’s brand, feel and look. Give direction to videographer and on-call/ freelance staff/ in-house staff from other supporting departments
- · Partner with Producer to identify best/suitable locations for productions.
- · Operate a variety of video cameras, lenses, dollies, lighting, audio and support equipment to bring a marketing vision to fruition.
- · Determines shot composition in conjunction with the producer and the Set Stylist. Directs talent as to position, movements, action and script
- · Set up and/or direct others in the setting up of lighting, measuring lighting with meters and scopes and setting proper exposure of camera.
- · Support other live and non-live productions as needed in a variety of support roles
- · Produce, shoot and edit content for use on-line and/or live when appropriate
- · Support Production Coordinator with logistics and execution for all video production
- · May be required to travel at least 10 days out of the year for increments of 3 to 6 day periods
- · Manage media on video shoots on a variety of formats and codecs.
- · Ingest footage and manage necessary meta data enabling ease of content identification and recovery.
- · Edit video pieces using non-linear editing software ensuring that the materials meet QVC’s standards for broadcast, web and social media.
- · Operates and maintains proper levels and calibration of cameras, audio and video recorders, and other production equipment
What You Bring
- · Bachelor’s Degree in Photography, Communications, eCommerce, TV or Digital Media related field
- · 5-7 years’ experience in shooting, editing, video, lighting, grip work, studio and live productions.
- · Must provide demo reel showcasing experience
- · Extensive hands-on expertise with 4K HDR format Cameras
- · Must possess strong lighting skill in studio, location, and ENG situations
- · Artistic sensibility and a strong eye for detail
- · Proven ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines
- · Maintain an attitude of unquestioned integrity, professionalism and a pleasant studio and remote atmosphere
- · Extensive knowledge of specialized equipment such as dollies, jib/booms, Steadicam
- · Effective knowledge of Adobe Premiere editing software highly preferred
- · Working knowledge of media management and asset management systems
- · Well-developed working knowledge of studio operations
- · High level of emotional and professional maturity; positive, solution-based attitude
- · Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills; ability to work well within a team
- · Excellent organizational skills
- · Use of Windows/Mac computers