Joann: The Senior Video Director is an experienced cinematographer who will lead the Creativebug production team, balancing great organizational skills with creative problem-solving.
San Francisco Bay Area
Apr 21, 2022
Creativebug is an online learning website offering thousands of art and craft video classes. The Senior Video Director is an experienced cinematographer who will lead the Creativebug production team, balancing great organizational skills with creative problem-solving. The position of Senior Video Director requires technical knowledge of directing, camera operating, live broadcasting, and multi-cam editing. This team member must love being in the studio and have a passion for creating beautiful educational content.
- Responsible for directing, camera operating and editing video footage for classes and live video shoots.
- Co-collaborator with editor-in-chief to envision scene set-up, new features, video styles and promotional content. Oversees camera operation, lighting and sound, and approves music selection for edited classes.
- Establishes and maintains Creativebug style on all videos, and ensures that other shooter/editors are maintaining creative style. Trains camera operators and editors on techniques and processes when necessary. Leads by example with a proactive attitude and follow through.
- Maintains schedule of rotating crew members to be on set and edit classes, ensuring all production needs are met for the filming, editing, and release of the content.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines. Ability to pitch in and perform other production related duties as needed.
- Brings creative vision to visual storytelling as well as maintains accuracy within class content filming.
- Researches and implements new technology, including liveshoot platforms, software and filming styles (such as Wirecast, Zoom and Youtube).
- Manages equipment inventory, keeping studio stocked and organized, and having broken equipment repaired when needed.
- Responsible for media management and maintaining server functionality.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent working knowledge of filming with mirrorless SLR Sony cameras, editing in Adobe Creative Cloud, Premiere Pro, After Affects, etc.
- Strong understanding of sound tech & production, including problem solving with Sound Devices 702, Lav Microphones, and mixer
- Excellent multitasker with outstanding people skills and the ability to stay calm and grounded under pressure
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Willingness to learn, adapt and grow
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High School or GED
- 4 Year / Bachelors Degree Or similar on-set or vocational training
- Experience Minimum: 5+ years experience in the film or video industry