Floyd County Productions, the Emmy-winning animation studio behind Archer, is looking to hire an experienced and passionate Storyboard Artist to join our expanding team in Atlanta, Georgia.
Greater Atlanta Area
Oct 04, 2021
- Collaborate with Directors and other Storyboard Artists to execute full scenes, visualize sequences and scenes from scratch and execute them with precision and solid draftsmanship.
- Apply a heavy emphasis on being able to choreograph and visualize dynamic hand-to-hand action and fight scenes, as well as vehicular combat and chase sequences.
- Execute changes and revisions as requested by Art Director/Story Supervisor.
- Ensure quality and style of show is achieved within the animation guidelines for the project and ensure that all deadlines are met.
- Learn and adapt to FCP storyboard and animation pipeline and procedures quickly.
- Collaborate with respect, humility, inclusion and open-mindedness.
- At least 5-10 years industry experience desired
- Experience in Feature Animation, Game Cinematics and Live Action a plus.
- Managerial or supervisory experience a plus
- Please reference this reel to see the level of experience we are looking for https://vimeo.com/296946154/31e7c1e3e4
- Applicants will be required to take a storyboard test to ensure that they have the necessary understanding of the software and a strong artistic ability, and knowledge of how to present visuals in a convincing way
- Proficiency in Toonboom Storyboard Pro as well as Adobe Suite, particularly Photoshop
- Strong skills in staging, composition, and cinematography as it pertains to storyboarding for animation
- Working knowledge of basic animation principles and techniques
- Excellent knowledge of human and animal anatomy
- Strong skills in action-comedy storytelling
- Must have the ability to work from Directors/other Artists thumbnails and rough boards.
- Must be able to pitch sequences and scenes to Directors and Supervisors
- Must have strong time management skills, as well as the ability to meet tight deadlines to the expected level of quality
- Comfortable working and making decisions independently as well as part of a team
- Must have the ability to critically self-evaluate, self-edit, and problem solve
- Must be willing to relocate to Atlanta GA
- Potential for relocation compensation
- Currently work from home
- Wellness and Health Benefits
- Company-sponsored child care
- Close proximity to the downtown/midtown core and public transportation
- Competitive remuneration along with full-time employment status including overtime pay after 40 hr/wk
- Paid time off or PTO offered after 3 months of employment
- CV or Resume and a link to your demo reel or digital portfolio required