We are seeking an experienced Senior Production Manager to join our team in the mobile strategy games genre. The ideal candidate has a strong background in game development, leadership skills, and a proven track record of producing successful mobile games.
Greater Boston Area
Aug 17, 2023
We are seeking an experienced Senior Production Manager to join our team in the mobile strategy games genre. The ideal candidate has a strong background in game development, leadership skills, and a proven track record of producing successful mobile games. As a Senior Production Manager you will be responsible for overseeing the many aspects of production of our mobile games from conception to launch. You will work on developing production structures & processes to support cross-functional teams, including game designers, artists, programmers, and marketing teams, to ensure that our games meet high-quality standards and deliver an exceptional player experience. Also, you will help define the resourcing needs across teams, working closely with the EP and other functional leads. More broadly you will help define the project approach balancing scope, resources, and timelines. This role may be permanently remote for candidates living in select states within the U.S.
- Work with the EP to lead the production plan and the execution strategy of our mobile strategy games, from concept to launch and during live service.
- Develop and manage project schedules, budgets, and resourcing needs.
- Partner with the creative vision holders of the game and the PM team to ensure that the game aligns with the product strategy and target play experience.
- Work closely with the game design and the PM teams to ensure that the game mechanics, storyline, and overall player experience are engaging and enjoyable.
- Lead cross-functional teams to keep execution on track, adjusting plans as needed; balance working efficiently, high-quality work, and work/life balance, while mitigating risks to the project goals or schedule.
- Manage product submissions and live operation requirements.
- Prioritize and distribute tasks, bugs, and cross-functional needs.
- Motivate the team, and foster a culture of creativity, collaboration, and inclusivity.
- 7+ years working on mobile Free to Play games, with at least 2-3 shipped titles.
- Passionate about mobile Free to Play games and their development process.
- Proven leadership, teamwork, and organizational skills. Ready to be in the trenches to solve day to day issues with strong attention to detail.
- Must be collaborative and an effective negotiator, and a resourceful and creative problem solver.
- Excellent project management skills, including the ability to create project plans, manage resources, and coordinate multiple teams to deliver projects on time and within budget, leveraging project management software (JIRA, Trello, etc.), with the flexibility needed to adapt to evolving requirements and changing circumstances within development.
- Solid understanding of the technical aspects of mobile game development, including programming languages, development environments, and tools, including Agile, Lean, Waterfall, Kanban, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Game Production, Product Management, or equivalent practical experience.