National Film Board of Canada: Provides coordination support to production teams, including the Line Producer, Producers and Technical Director.
Oct 20, 2023
Provides coordination support to production teams, including the Line Producer, Producers and Technical Director. Assists in daily studio operations by coordinating various production logistics, including managing production spaces, acquiring materials and equipment, set-up of animation equipment, coordinating technical resources and managing related documentation.
Closing date of the competition: Oct 30, 2023
- Assists in coordinating people and spaces and equipment related to animation production, including production suites, hardware, software, licences, workstations, etc.
- Assists in managing production tracking tools and works with production teams to maintain production schedules and calendars.
- Organizes animation workstations, including software and peripheral equipment, in accordance with projects’ technical needs.
- Assists in the set-up of animation and speciality equipment, including stop-motion, digital 2D, under-camera and all other techniques used by filmmakers.
- Assists the Technical Director, Line Producer and others in the production management of all projects in the studio.
- Coordinates with Technical Services to manage studio production needs and schedule and administer productions.
- Coordinates and administers equipment purchases, rentals and other materials, as required.
- Facilitates and administers NFB equipment loans and services, including managing the studio’s equipment database.
- Provides basic onboarding procedures to animators and production teams and informs them about NFB standards and processes.
- Acts as front-line technical support to studio’s collaborators; provides initial guidance and coordinates resolution with HelpDesk staff, as required.
- Liaises with IT on all studio needs and manages building and network access.
- Organizes meetings and arranges review sessions for animation projects.
- Takes detailed notes in meetings and ensures everyone has the information they need to work effectively.
- Keeps track of project task lists and monitors their progress.
- Assists with coordination of travel, contracts and other administration duties related to studio activities and productions, as required.
- College diploma in Media Arts and Technology, or equivalent;
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience in animation or post-production studio coordination, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Knowledge of the steps involved in animation production, including analog techniques, compositing, VFX, rendering, offline editing, online editing, programming for digital components, etc.;
- Knowledge of production’s tracking software (Shotgrid, Kitsu, Ftrack, etc.) ;
- Knowledge of the different types of shooting equipment (camera, lights and grips, etc.), software (Maya, XSI, Nuke, CS3, etc.) and technical services required for producing animation;
- Knowledge of artistic, editorial and technical activities associated with the production of animated film or interactive work;
- Fluent in English (written and spoken).
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Demonstrates sound judgement and thoroughness and can work autonomously;
- Has an extremely positive attitude;
- Enjoys a highly creative environment.