Inside Politics Weekend seeks a talented Senior Producer to join their team in Washington, DC! In this role, the Senior Producer will help us experiment, ideate, develop and produce live and tape content.
Live Event / On Location Services
Washington D.C. Metro Area
Aug 30, 2023
Inside Politics Weekend seeks a talented Senior Producer to join their team in Washington, DC!
Your Role Accountabilities...
In this role, the Senior Producer will help us experiment, ideate, develop and produce live and tape content. This Senior Producer will manage a team dedicated to producing a live show that dives deep on all the latest political stories and daily news headlines. The ideal candidate is a voracious consumer of political news and video content in its many forms. Strong editorial judgement, superior live production skills, and a knowledge of the digital landscape is required. An understanding of audience feedback and behavior, and the ability to create and develop content accordingly is necessary. This position reports to the Supervising Producer and plays a key role as a people manager leading a team and building the team’s capabilities. Experience in digital and/or live television news production is required.
- Oversee development and production of daily and weekly news programming
- Manage live productions and post-production project distribution
- Create and develop innovative, community-building, premium live content
- Approve producers’ scripts, pitches and on-camera bookings
- Maintain schedules and workflows, while meeting aggressive deadlines for on-budget work
- Manage internal and external relationships to help book and cultivate on-camera talent
- Partner with internal stakeholders across the organization
- Work closely with Rights and Clearances and ensure all projects meet CNN editorial guidelines and Standards & Practices
Your Qualifications & Experience...
- College degree or equivalent
- 8+ years of news production or related experience
- 1-2 years directly or indirectly managing others
- Proven experience in live show production and script review
- Proven experience working with and managing top talent and correspondents
- Outstanding editorial judgment, critical and strategic thinking, and organization skills
- Superior writing, editing and production skills
- Control room or comparable experience required
- Extensive knowledge of digital media industry
- Proven ability to lead a team through change; works well under pressure
- Strong communication skills, excellent teamwork and team-building skills
- Adobe suite/Premiere editing skills, a plus
- Must be able to work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require