Optimising end-to-end project management for the team including budget creation and management, schedule creation and management, execution and delivery of the project, and final invoicing and debrief with the client
Jun 21, 2023
- Overseeing the production team, in addition to running a portfolio of production jobs
- Optimising end-to-end project management for the team including budget creation and management, schedule creation and management, execution and delivery of the project, and final invoicing and debrief with the client
- Ensure that projects handled by the production team go smoothly and clients experience a seamless service from Technicolor Games. Each job should be delivered on time and on budget with the projected profit calculated prior to a budget being sent to a client. All extras should be cleared with a client before commencement including a PO being issued
- Attending briefings with clients to extract the necessary information to relay to Technicolor Games’ creative team so they can develop a creative proposal
- Ensure that hard costs on every project do not exceed more than the defined gross budget unless cleared with the Managing Director
- Deliver reports detailing jobs, profit margins, and any issues that need to be raised
- Build a strong, proactive, and efficient team, hiring staff that can deliver to an exceptional standard
- Work with Head of Arts, Art Directors, head of departments, and Technical Directors to develop and maintain production workflow
- Collaborate with Dept Head to cast assignments and issue deadlines to artists. Also partner with Department Head to coach, mentor and give performance feedback
- Devise and implement ways to streamline Technicolor Games’ project workflow and management. Ensure the production team utilises tech and tools including project management software, PO’s for purchases, quote building and budgets, invoices, and scheduling software to manage the team’s time
- Build a relationship with a roster of freelancers that Technicolor Games can utilise for jobs, that extend on or plug gaps in our permanent team
- Coordinate communication, requests, and project requirements with clients, either direct or via the account handling team
- Manage all HR functionality, process, and policies for the production team
- Define and manage all business continuity policies / procedures, ensuring your team are educated and processes are embedded into the company
- Work with the executive team to set operational goals for the company and drive the successful execution that aligns with business strategy and enhances profitability
- Oversee and manage project budget, cost of sale and OPEX spend to ensure there is no increased expenditure outside of approved budget
- Responsible for ensuring we have the best possible tech set up to meet our needs and anticipating / adapting them to suit our growth
- Lead the WIP reporting, liaising with Technicolor Games’ Finance and Head of Studio
- Work with the Head of Studio to report on the monthly / yearly financial progress of Technicolor Games - providing commentary and insights to help ensure successful planning for the future
- Proven years of experience working in a gaming environment in a producer role.
- Demonstrate strong soft skills - excellent communication skills, collaborative problem solving attitude, and a track record of building good team and client relationships.
- Flexible, adaptable to change and moves at speed with clients.
- Capable of foreseeing issues, strategize, escalate & provide solutions.
- Experience in handling large teams and high-end clients.
- Comfortable interacting with senior level clients and team members.
- Knowledge of Office suite and project tracking tools.
- Excellent estimating, scheduling, and budgeting skills.
- Ability to comprehend financial statements.
- Proven track record of delivering gaming projects.
- Well-versed in project management practices and software. like Shot grid, Jira.,