BuzzFeed’s Cocoa Butter is seeking an experienced Senior Producer who can lead all aspects of production for a Black culture and lifestyle channel.
The ideal candidate is a creative thinker, proven leader, and passionate about telling stories that speak to Black culture and are in tune with everything that’s happening on the internet. Candidates should be comfortable leading a team under tight deadlines. This is a staff position.
- Develop and pitch video shows and series on a monthly basis that are buzzworthy and speak to the Black audience
- Collaborate with in-house talent to develop new shows
- Identify new emerging talent to create shows and series
- Be able to edit 2 videos a month, and work with an in-house editor to edit additional content
- Collaborate across the content organization to create crossover content
- Provide support and creative input on team videos to ensure ongoing quality and audience growth
- Ensure the production of all your projects come in on time and within budget while maintaining BuzzFeed’s high creative standards
- 4 or more years of video production experience
- Experienced camera operator, who is skilled with DSLRs
- Expertise in editing with Adobe Premiere Pro
- Experience producing shoots in studio and on location, including different lighting and equipment set ups that best serve a wide variety of production environments
- Able to meet tight production deadlines
- The ability to expertly explain ideas and creative vision in a compelling way
- A deep understanding of virality and shareability on all social platforms, including emerging platforms
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.