Cinesite Feature Animation is looking for an experienced Digital Matte Painting (DMP) artist to join our team for a new show. We are ideally looking for someone who has experience with stylized animation shows with NPR (non-photo real) knowledge.
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Sep 29, 2023
Cinesite Feature Animation is looking for an experienced Digital Matte Painting (DMP) artist to join our team for a new show. We are ideally looking for someone who has experience with stylized animation shows with NPR (non-photo real) knowledge. If you are a senior artists with the ability to work autonomously, with a good balance of painting skills (traditional or digital) to create 2D and 3D imagery, please apply now!
At Cinesite Vancouver, the matte painting department is responsible for creating digital backgrounds and environments for the production. Our team is made up of junior, intermediate, senior artists, leads and supervisors, all of whom play an integral part in production. In DMP, we look for solid experience in digital painting with Photoshop and a good knowledge of the principles of 2D/2.5D/3D projections in Nuke and Vue. As well as working collaboratively as a team, we work closely with the design and lighting departments.
Please apply with you professional portfolio as well as any relevant personal work you have.
What you will be doing
- Create stylized backgrounds matching the look of the show
- Work with the Art Director to support with the development of the look
- Collaborate with the Lighting team in order to create the desired feel of the shot
- Create, modify and document templates for other artists to use
- Troubleshoot technical issues and flag workflow inefficiencies
- Work autonomously with minimal supervision
- Work collaboratively with other departments for optimization, solving issues and ensuring continuity
- Work with others to improve workflows and efficiency
What you bring to the team
- Strong artistic painting skills, capable of painting in a variety of style, including non-photorealistic with knowledge of photography and design
- Proficient in Photoshop, Nuke and Vue
- In depth understanding of 2D, 2.5D and 3D techniques
- Excellent at creating and conceptualizing digital environments and set extensions
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Eye for detail and continuity
- Excellent artistic eye with the ability to follow reference material and concept art and to visually interpret the Directors ideas
- In depth understanding of 2D design principles such as: balance, rhythm, form, composition, light/shadow, colour etc.